Sunday, April 17, 2011

Solidarity Musical Interlude: Sout el Horeya "the sound of freedom is calling"



University of Texas first year Arabic students sing Sout el Horeya, an anthem of the Egyptian Revolution.

I went down to the streets, vowing not to return


And wrote with my blood on every street

Our voices reached those who could not hear them

And we broke through all barriers

Our weapon was our dreams

And tomorrow is looking bright as it seems

For ages we've been waiting

Searching for a place for us

In every street in my country The sound of freedom is calling

we held our head up high to the sky

And hunger didn't matter to us anymore

The most important thing is our rights

And write our history with our blood

If you were one of us

Don’t blather and tell us

to leave and abandon our dream

and stop saying the word ‘I’

In every street in my country The sound of freedom is calling



(Spoken)

Dark Egyptian Hands; against discrimination, rise

Outstretched amid roars of might

O Novel Youth,

Into spring the autumn weaves

Awakening the murdered by a miracle achieved

Kill me, the dead shall not retreat your country

With the ink of blood, I write the future of my country

Is that my blood or spring?

Both are in green

I smile from happiness not grief

In every street in my country The sound of freedom is calling

No comments:

Post a Comment